The importance and necessity of having an eCommerce website that looks aesthetically appealing and navigates seamlessly can’t be ignored in the current digital era and technologically advanced age.
In the present scenario, Online shopping is riding a high wave of popularity. And pandemic conditions of social distancing and minimal contact have acted as a catalyst for this trend.
Therefore, ensure to take advantage of this booming market with an efficient and creative eCommerce website design. An experienced eCommerce website design services agency is the perfect companion to help you in this endeavor.
This blog enlists the common mistakes that you should avoid while designing your E-commerce website.
But for that, let’s venture into the basics of high-performing eCommerce website design.
What Is eCommerce Website Development and Design?
eCommerce website development and design can be defined as the structured process of creating an online store targeting an online audience and improving your business outcomes through remote selling.
The website designing process involves planning, strategizing, and conceptualization while adhering to the trending designs, product arrangement within the store, and content development.
What Are The Fundamental Elements Of A Successful eCommerce Website Design?
A successful ecommerce website design Sydney involves the following elements:
- Responsive design on any user device
- Simple structure facilitating easy navigation
- High quality and crystal clear product or any other related images
- Consistency and uniformity in design components throughout the website
- Strategic replaced plenty of CTAs
- Mobile optimized
31 Mistakes You Should Avoid While Designing An eCommerce Website
Did you know 86% of consumers rely on online media to find local businesses? Therefore, having a website is not a luxury but a necessity irrespective of your business or industry type.
While collaborating with a web design company Sydney, ensure to avoid the following mistakes.
- Lengthy Page Title for describing your business
- Long Meta Descriptions
- Poor quality and non-optimised images
- Inconsistent design elements
- Keyword Stuffing
- Not considering Image Alt Text
- Excessive or minimal product descriptions
- No Analytics to Measure Performance
- Unclear Brand Messaging
- Difficult to find Contact Information
- Not including a dedicated product review section
- Slow Page Loading Time
- Not integrating a store management software
- Weak and Unplanned Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Choosing a cheap web hosting platform for cost-cutting
- Unresponsive Web design
- Not having an “About Us” Page
- Poor Internal Linking
- Lack of Clear Call to Action buttons
- Not Using Enough White Space
- Not aligning text correctly
- Poor Website Security and no SSL certificate
- Non-inclusion of the search box
- Instead of original product images, use Stock Images Throughout Your Website
- Excessive Many Pop-Ups
- Not Adequate or Appropriate Customer Support
- Not Adequate Customer Retention Efforts or Schemes
- No Mobile Site Experience
- Confusing and complicated User Journey
- Boring Visual Design & Branding
- Not focusing on a content strategy
All these mistakes don’t just hurt your SEO and drop your search ranking but also present your brand to customers in poor light. Examine the portfolio of any eCommerce Website Design Services before hiring them.
Fix Your Ecommerce Website With Experienced Professionals
Regardless of your best efforts and intentions, you might be making some web design mistakes that might cost you leads and business in the long run. But you can always rectify the mistakes. Avoid the common mistakes to optimise your site for traffic and conversions. Examine this list against your website and see what modifications you incorporate to improve your website design and functionality.