CUET 2022: ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
CUET 2022 or CUCET 2022 is the National Testing Agency that released the CUET 2022 Eligibility criteria through an official notification on the official website https://cuet.samarth.ac.in/.
The official notification has details about the participating universities, eligibility norms, syllabus, and CUET exam pattern.
- The process of admission through CUET 2022 will begin with candidates filling out the CUET 2022 application form.
- It is important for the candidates to check the CUET eligibility criteria before filling out the application form.
- Each university has released its own eligibility criteria for different courses.
- So, the candidates are expected to check eligibility for the desired course through the university’s official website itself.
- It is only after the candidate has met the eligibility criteria that they will be considered for the admission process through CUET 2022.
- It is a centralized exam for admissions to 44 central universities across India.
- Candidates can take admitted to various Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses through CUET 2022. The CUET 2022 exam will be held in two slots.
CUET 2022 Eligibility Criteria (Undergraduate Program)
The official brochure of CUET 2022 mentions that the basic eligibility criteria are the candidate must have passed the 12th standard/ equivalent examination or should be appearing for the same in 2022. The 12 class/equivalent examination is the qualifying exam for CUET. The CUET 2022 eligibility criteria include:
- For CUET 2022, NTA has not prescribed any minimum marks criteria.*
- However, the candidate must pass their 12 grade/equivalent examination to be eligible for CUET 2022.
- The subjects the candidate is choosing for their domain test must be the subjects they have opted for in their 12 grade.
*Note: NTA has not prescribed any minimum aggregate, but the educational institutions accepting admissions through CUET 2022 Application Form have the freedom to set their own minimum marks criteria. In fact, some of the universities have set minimum aggregate criteria for the students to meet to be eligible for admission in the institution.
CUET 2022: Age Criteria
The candidates need to keep the age criteria in mind while checking the eligibility along with the criteria of qualifying exam and minimum marks aggregate. NTA has not prescribed any upper age limit for the admissions to undergraduate courses. Since the participating universities have been given the freedom to lay out their own course-wise eligibility criteria, some universities have criteria for age too.
CUET 2022: Nationality
There are a few criteria set in the eligibility criteria pertaining to the nationality of the candidate.
However, The candidates seeking admission to central universities through CUET 2022 must be:
- An Indian citizen
- A constituent subject of Nepal, Bhutan
- Tibetan refugees moved to India before 1 January 1962 and are now permanent residents of India.
- Pakistanis, Burmese, Sri Lankans, Kenyans, Ugandans, Tanzanians, Zambians, Malawians, Zaireans, Ethiopians, and people from Vietnam who permanently moved to India.
However, People of all the above-mentioned nationalities are eligible to get admission to CUET 2022 participating universities provided they have met the eligibility of qualifying examination, minimum marks, and age criteria.
CUET 2022: Number of Attempts
To appear for the exam, the candidate must fulfill the eligibility criteria. Otherwise, there is no reason for refraining the candidate from giving the exam.
However, there are no criteria for maximum attempts for CUET 2022. Till the time, the candidates are meeting the eligibility criteria, they can sit for the CUET exam as many times as they wish to.
CUET 2022: Reservations
All the universities, participating in the CUET 2022, are central universities. Central Universities are established under the government’s jurisdiction, thereby they have to abide by government rules and regulations. Therefore, the central universities have to provide reservations to the groups identified by the Government of India.
However, These groups include Schedule Castes (SC), Schedule Tribes (ST), People with Disability (PwD), and Other Backward Classes (OBC). The reservation policy for CUET 2022 is:
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy)||27%|
|Persons with Disability||5%|
However, the candidates claiming admission under the above-mentioned categories are expected to submit their category certificate to support their claim. The Category certificate is mandatory for getting admission under the reservation policy of CUET.
Important Pointers pertaining to CUET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
However, Below is the list of some important points regarding CUET 2022 Eligibility Criteria:
- To get admission through CUET 2022, all the policies related to the operations and management of universities shall be applicable. These policies include reservations, quotas, and relaxations.
- The candidate must carefully look at the eligibility criteria of the course they are applying for. So, the candidate must visit the official site of the university to check the courses and university-specific eligibility. The eligibility criteria vary according to the university and the course opted for.
- The candidates appearing for 12-grade exams in May/June 2022 are eligible to sit for the exam.
- The ones who fail one or more subjects in their qualifying exam cannot take admission through CUET 2022 as they are not eligible for the exam.
However, considering all the aspects and important points of the CUET 2022 eligibility criteria will help the candidates figure out what courses they can apply for. Once the eligibility criteria are met, the candidate can fill out the CUET 2022 Application Form.