Good UPSC Answer Writing skills miraculously increase your chances of passing the civil service exam. Good writing skills not only help in writing Mains answers, but also allow the candidate to form opinions on various topics that would help them during the personality test.
However, UPSC does not. They expect candidates to acquire exceptional writing skills in English. They only want candidates who can convey their ideas and knowledge in a simple way so that everyone gets the message clearly.
Here are some tips to make better your writing skills:
- Most aspirants think that reading a good newspaper is enough. After reading an editorial or opinion piece, form your own opinion. Wrote 100 words and send direct to the editor without hesitation. Don’t be discouraged the day you don’t see your letter published. Send another email and one day it will appear neatly edited with your proud name underneath. In this way you will learn to form a strong opinion on a topic and also improve your English.
- Writing answers to questions from the previous year is a powerful tool to not only improve writing skills, but also to identify the pattern of questions asked in previous years’ exams. You can take a question bank and start answering all the questions. It is recommended to solve at least the questions from the last 10 years as this will improve your ability to write answers and help with time management.
- Writing a blog can help you convey your opinions explicit without any regulations. When you start a blog, you are the editor, and the editor writing on his own terms helps a lot. If the content is good, readers will be drawn to your blog and leave valuable comments. But as an IAS applicant, you must stick to the topics that will help you with the exam. Later, when you pass the exam, you can diversify your publications.
- It is well known that one cannot write well. unless you read well. Reading newspapers broadens your perspective on various topics and raises your awareness.
- While good vocabulary doesn’t guarantee your overall success, it does help you think quickly. The thought process is word based, that is, we think by connecting words. Knowing more words allows us to connect our minds and think faster and better. A good dictionary is essential for a serious and avid reader. Likewise, there are tons of dictionaries that improve vocabulary significantly in no time.
This will expand your knowledge base and equip you with critical thinking skills.
The main exam requires speed, consistency, and clarity of thought, which can be easily acquired through writing practice.
The more practice, the better everything within the main level becomes.
- Practicing answer writing has four benefits:
- Helps you with time
- It helps you remember the rules within the exam.
- Maintenance and growth of vocabulary.
- It will save you from getting distracted.
I think writing is one of the right techniques to embellish writing talent and information on almost any subject.
I can report the following points from my experience:
- In the preliminary stages of training, you first have to get the information from the right source.
- If you started 1 12 months or 1/2 12 months before starting CSE training, you MUST practice writing solutions before preparations.
- At first I can only support the extension of the addiction to writing to everyday life and the practice of writing essays.
- The best way to go about this is to go through the work of the past few years and try to take a holistic view of the important areas on which the issues are generally based and try to remedy each year. Consult documents securely over time.
- All this will help you to better recognize the exam sample and also extend a powerful spelling even a day without getting married.
- Before you start training, take notes and You can only write if you know what to write.
- Take notes and adjust them frequently according to the word boundary. the
- Become a member and browse the collection online and in schools to get feedback on your
Aside from looking at the collection, you need to try and write portal solutions like Eden IAS to get the know-how in all probabilities. Write your solution there, study others’ solutions, and try others’ comments for your solution.
Read more about SUGAM: Your key to ultimate IAS answer writing