You are aware how to migrate emails from G Suite to office 365 but you are worried about calendar. You don’t know the accurate method, so, here we provide you complete method to migrate G Suite Calendar to Office 365.
Businesses migrate data from one platform to another in order to move emails, contacts, calendars, and other data. While there is an official method to migrate emails from G Suite to Office 365 for free, it does not cater to the other mailbox data like contacts and calendars. Most of the time, users create new calendar entries and appointments which is a time-consuming and error-prone task.
In many businesses, calendars are critical to the operation of the business itself. If you migrate the calendar scheduled events, meetings, and appointments to the new platform, you can save time by not having to create new calendar events and appointments.
Most queries regarding calendars are often how to migrate G Suite calendar to Office 365. In this article, we will guide you through the process of migrating Google calendars to Office 365 manually for free.
If you instead wish to migrate calendars to Outlook, simply opt for the free export emails and calendars from G Suite to Outlook.
Manual Method to Migrate G Suite Calendar to Office 365
This is a two-step process that involves:
- Exporting Calendars from G Suite (Google Workspace)
- Importing Calendars to Microsoft 365
Keep in mind that this free method allows you to migrate calendars from one account at a time. So, it’s preferable for users of a domain to migrate their own calendars instead of the admin undertaking the whole task.
#1 Migrate Calendar from G Suite
- Firstly, sign in to your G Suite account and access the Google calendar app.
- Now, you may have created multiple calendars based on your business needs. Select a calendar and click the three dots. Then click on Settings and sharing.
- Next, you have the option to change the name, description, and time zone in the Calendar settings. Click Export calendar.
Note: If you want to export all calendars at once, after Settings and Sharing, go to Import and Export tab on the left panel and click on the Export button. It will download all the files in compressed format. Simply decompress it to get the ICS files.
- Provide a location (if prompted by your browser) to save the file.
- A new .ics file stores all your calendar details.
#2 Import ICS file to Office 365 Account
- First, Log in Office 365 account and look for all apps. The Calendar app is visible in the list; click it.
- Then, Press the option to add the calendar.
- Select the Upload from file option and then click the Browse button to locate and select the ICS file.
- Now, you can select a suitable color icon for your calendar/appointment from the dropdown for easy recognition.
- Finally, press the Import button.
- Calendar is imported in your account.
Perform these two steps for each account if you have more than one account to migrate G Suite calendar to Office 365.
Manual Limitations to Migrate G Suite Calendar to Office 365
- You can migrate the calendar of a single account to other individual accounts.
- The calendar’s settings are not customizable.
- Content of the calendar cannot be filtered.
- Time-consuming if you have multiple accounts to migrate calendars
Professional Solution to Migrate Google Workspace Calendar to O365
BitRecover Google Workspace migration tool is capable to migrate multiple G suite account to office 365. With the manual solution you can export only G Suite calendar. But with the tool you can easily migrate emails, calendar, contacts and many more. Migrate all your Google chat and Hangout conversations in 30+ common file formats. This application preserves the email components and folder hierarchy during the migration.
Due to its reliability, Google Calendar is essential in everyone’s life. However, users may want to migrate Google Calendar to Office 365 due to certain issues. After all, although G Suite has its own benefits, it does not compare to Office 365 when it comes to large-scale businesses. Here, we discussed a manual solution to migrate G Suite calendar to Office 365 for free. You may use it to get all your Google calendars in the Microsoft 365 account.