When choosing a suitable product, we recommend based on the purpose of the purchase. It is worth distinguishing:
- Garage blinds – perform the functional role of the gate, closing the opening at the entrance. They are very durable due to the width of the lamellas of 77mm, but they are not intended to save heat.
- Plumbing roller shutters are compact and economical designs, but they do not have a locking mechanism.
- Roller shutters for security doors and windows can perform several protection functions at the same time: they close openings from prying eyes, noise, adverse weather conditions (gusty wind, snow, dust, scorching sun). An important feature of the use of this type of system is protection against hacking.
- We bring to your attention strong aluminum roleta for windows. This metal has anti-corrosion properties, which prolongs the life of the product. All components for manufacturing are purchased directly from the manufacturer – in the company “Secure House”.
How to choose security shutters for windows and security doors?
What the structures consist of
The standard model of roller shutters assumes the presence of a considerable number of components involved in the overall system. Usually there are such structural elements:
- Box – has several form factors and mounting methods, depending on the angle of inclination. And its size completely depends on the width of the lamellas.
- Guides. Their choice should also be based on the parameters of the moving elements, and also take into account the need for burglary resistance.
- The canvas, it is often recommended to select it in accordance with the main objectives of the purchase: operating comfort, protective, dimensional characteristics.
- Control and locking mechanisms – always dependent on whether a cord or spring will be used – in mechanical types. Often, buyers prefer automatic roller shutters, which simplify the operation process, but their prices differ from manual options.
Its functionality, durability of use and attractiveness will depend on the design features of the product. But it works provided that the acquisition was made in a safe place. Buying in Secure House, you provide yourself with a guaranteed quality purchase, which is selected specifically for the client and fully meets the expectations.
Material of security shutters
Security shutter systems are made of durable aluminium. They show themselves well in practice, despite the fact that steel is considered by the people to be the most reliable material for garage door in this regard. It really has anti-vandal properties, but is not suitable in all situations.
For example, wide openings require the installation of lamellas that are not too narrow, they must have rigid ribs. And the system allows you to make them exclusively from aluminum alloys. Otherwise, the product will not be strong, or the guides simply will not be able to cope with the load.
Also, the advantages of using aluminum in the production of security shutter products can be considered:
- Corrosion resistance.
- Long service life in changing climatic conditions.
- Preservation of heat in the room, if we are talking about the foam-filled version.
And in terms of cost, such a design will be cheaper, since the production of goods from aluminum is not as expensive as working with steel.
Types of adjustment
Choosing a type of security shutter control system is another task that should be solved before buying. Conventionally, they are divided into:
- Mechanical (manual).
But not every model allows you to use the full list of options when selecting, since a lot depends on the mass of the structure, as well as the installation location. You can consider these suggestions:
- Raising and lowering the canvas with a cable that is assembled in a special cassette. This is a mechanical type of control, used with a product weight of up to 12 kg.
- The height of the lower slats is controlled by a cable, but the structure is set in motion by a special handle.
- Permissible weight – 12 kilograms.
- Adjustment during opening and closing occurs with one’s own hands, but the process is greatly facilitated due to the installation of an inertial spring inside the shaft itself. Here the maximum weight of roller shutters is 60 kg.
- Automatic way of lifting and lowering the system – driven by an engine controlled by a button, remote control or “smart home”. The greater the mass of the product, the more powerful the engine is needed.
- Manual and automatic control differ during operation, but the difference in price is also noticeable. Therefore, it is worth focusing not only on the parameters of the security shutter model, but also on your financial capabilities.
Main ponits to pay attention to when selecting shutters for security doors
The sequence of selection parameters by which it is recommended to choose security shutters:
- Features of the box – its shape, angle of inclination, requirements for the safety of construction and installation.
- Profile type – what length and thickness of the lamellas should be, based on the need for anti-vandal qualities, protection from noise and sunlight. It is important to decide whether the side is windy, and what are the dimensions of the opening.
- A kind of guide rail, which depends on the format of the lamellas.
- The control system is based on the previously established dimensions, weight and user needs for comfort.
- Design. Color scheme, if there are any special preferences.
When the buyer has already decided on the right seller, this is already half the battle, it remains only to choose the right product. In Secure HouseI you will find many different models and their colors, and you won’t have to worry about the quality. We believe that there should be more manufacturers on the supply market that you can trust. And we want to prove our reliability to you.