Today, more and more people are browsing the internet through mobile devices. According to a report by Statista, mobile devices accounted for 47.96% of web page views worldwide as of February 2019. This clearly indicates that businesses need to pay attention to mobile users. To target them, a business can either build a mobile responsive website, develop a native mobile app or create a PWA. The common problem with the traditional mobile responsive websites is their load time. In recent research by Google, it was found that 53% of consumers would leave a website if it doesn’t load within three seconds.
Though native apps provide a great user experience, they have some limitations. Like a lengthy downloading process, expensive development, no flexibility, require frequent upgrades, and more. Luckily, today there is a hybrid of both websites and apps available, which is commonly known as a progressive web app (PWA). Introduced by Google in 2015, PWA has quickly risen to the charts and become a thriving technology poised to transform the world of mobile app development. Even many people are especially saying that PWA is here to stay and is perceived as the future of app development. Wondering why?
Progressive Web Apps: A Statistical Insight
Take a look at how some of the renowned brands witnessed a surge in their user engagement and conversion rates with the help of progressive web apps.
- Trivago witnessed an increase of 150% in user engagement on PWA
- Ola observed an increase of 250% in user engagement after developing PWA
- Tinder drastically reduced the high load time from 11.91 seconds to 4.69 seconds by launching its new PWA
- Uber’s progressive web app takes less than 3 seconds to load on a 2G network
- BookMyShow’s PWA increased conversion rates by over 80%
What is PWA?
In simple terms, a PWA is a web app that utilizes modern web techniques to deliver an app-like experience to mobile users. In other words, a PWA gives you a rich mobile experience without the need to download an app from the app store. Now, let’s quickly look at the reasons why you should develop a PWA from an experienced progressive web app development company.
- It can work offline
- It serves better UX
- It loads much faster than a native mobile app
- It improves user engagement
- It is platform-independent
- It is not listed on any app stores
- It can be shared easily
- It has no lengthy download & installation process
- It is highly secure & reliable
- It doesn’t occupy any storage space in your device
- It comes with numerous SEO benefits
- It is cost-effective
- It takes less development time
- It requires low bandwidth than traditional web apps
Should You Develop Progressive Web Applications?
By now, hopefully, we have provided some compelling reasons for you to develop your next application. PWAs provide a native application user experience with numerous modern APIs. Available across operating systems and architectures, with more APIs released in Chrome and Edge every 4 weeks. Additionally, as part of the largest developer community in the world, PWA developers can easily access mature frameworks. Like sample code, documentation, and development tools. Finally, developers can have their own PWA distribution channels in addition to the app stores.
Taking into account the multiple benefits offered by a PWA including conversion growth, performance improvement, usability, bounce rate reduction, and load time reduction, one can say that a PWA is worth considering over a native mobile application. If you also want to develop a progressive web application, we suggest you hire web developers in India for maximum profitability.
Also read: Proven Tactics To Promote Your web Cast