SoapUI is a leading open-source API testing platform that helps testers to execute functional, security, and load testing. In addition, this tool provides full test coverage and supports all the standard protocols and technologies.
Architecture Of SoapUI
SoapUI architect consists of the following components.
- Test config files- These files contains test data, database connection, variables, expected results.
- Selenium- It automates web browser interactions.
- Groovy- It is a library that acts as a scripting language to its users.
- Third-party API- Useful for creating customized test automation frameworks.
- SoapUI Runner- It helps in running the SoapUI project.
- Test Report- It helps in reporting test results.
Features Of SoapUI
SoapUI has a user-friendly GUI that makes this tool very comfortable for beginners and new users. It comes with several significant tools that help in executing an assignment. In addition, it supports various technologies such as SOAP, WSDL, REST, HTTP, JMA, and many more. To further learn about its functionalities, one can visit SoapUI Training Institute in Gurgaon. Apart from these, given below are some of the significant features of SoapUI.
- Functional Testing- This is a powerful tool that ensures easy functional testing. In addition, it provides drag & drop options that help in creating test suites, test steps, and test requests. This allows a user to create complex scenarios without the need for any background scripts. Moreover, this tool also allows testers to conduct debugging and develop data-driven tests. SoapUI facilitates cloning for duplicating the existing test suites. Above all, it also supports Multiple Environments and allows advanced scripting.
- Security Testing or Vulnerability Testing- SoapUI facilitates security testing and comes with all the necessary tools to protect websites from hackers and viral software applications. In addition, its primary objective is to find the weak areas of an application by conducting a set of vulnerability scans. Moreover, it is capable of performing various scans such as Fuzzing Scan and Boundary-Scan to avoid erratic behavior of the services.
- Load Testing- This software tool also facilitates load testing using LoadUI that helps in estimating the load balancing capabilities of an application. In addition, it further distributes the Load tests across several LoadUI agents and facilitates high volume and real-world load testing easily. After that, this tool also allows advanced custom reporting for capturing performance parameters and it helps in determining whether the application can run with a heavy load or not.
- Data-Driven Testing- It allows a tester to conduct data-driven testing by performing bulk insert, delete and update related testing. However, a user needs to add DataSource and DataSourceLoop features for conducting this testing. DataSource helps in dealing with the external data source configuration while DataSourceLoop brings in data from the external data source.
Benefits Of Using SoapUI
SoapUI supports automation with Groovy that helps in writing automation scripts in SoapUI. Moreover, it is capable of integrating with various other tools such as Maven, HUDSON, JUnit, Apache Ant. Etc. There are many institutions that provide SoapUI Training in Delhi and one can enroll in them to start a career in this course. Apart from it, here are some of the benefits of using SoapUI.
- Provides Drag & Drop features for script development.
- Allows testers & developers to work together.
- Can fetch data from other web sources without the need for any codes.
- Helps in broadcasting messages.
- Is a quick and well-organized framework for testing web services.
- This is a cross-platform application based on a desktop.
- Its pocket-friendly and costs less than other tools available.
- Creates mocks where testers can test real applications.
Advantages Of Using SoapUI Pro Version
SoapUI Pro version allows a developer to work with external data sources such as Text files, XML, Groovy. Etc. In addition, it provides a statical report about which functions are well tested and which are not. This pro version provides test debugging facilities for simplifying Test Flow, Variables, Properties, Requests, Context. Etc. Moreover, it also provides multi-environment support and is capable of working with DEV, QA, Pre-PROD environments.
Above all, SoapUI Pro comes with features to customize reports and generate detailed reports in various formats such as PDF, HTML, Word, or Excel. In addition, it has a SQL Builder that helps in creating SQL queries with the help of SQL Builder’s graphical interface.